[3830] ARRL 10 W0AIH(NE9U) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, skjasper@att.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W0AIH(NE9U) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:06:04 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Eau Claire, WI
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  583    55
  SSB:  489    43
-------------------
Total: 1072    98  Total Score = 314,580

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Well, I wont repeat what everyone's been saying about the miserable conditions.
But out at W0AIH, its just as bad....only better.  hi

Except for the Friday night E opening to Texas, the Saturday evening opening to
Florida, and the Sunday morning opening to the entire gulf coast, there wasn't
much of anything!  The usual backscatter didn't even seem very good.  No
Europe, No Pacific, 1 Africa, a handful of Caribbean and South America. 2
California's, no WA or Or.  Very sparce to the east coast.

Regardless of the poor conditions, when I went to bed Saturday night, I was
only 40 Q's behind last year which I was pleased with (mults were way down
though).  I was neck and neck with last year until about 20Z Sunday.  This year
the band went DEAD while last year we had a tremendous E opening.  Thus I ended
about 250 Q's behind last year and over 200K points lower.  From 2000Z until
right before the end of contest I made about 20 qso's ( and I think most of
those were with Minnesota!).  I kept telling Paul we hadn't had a decent
opening to the East coast all weekend.  And then wouldn't you know it, about 5
minutes before the contest ended, the East coast blasted in with s9+ signals
and I made a quick 20 qso's and a couple new Mults.

Anyway, fun time as usual!  A side benefit of operating at the Farm is Paul was
working 160 meters Friday night and I was able to log about a dozen Europeans
between 10 meter contacts.  :-)))  (something I sure couldn't do on 10
meters!)

Thanks to Paul for allowing me to use his fine station!

Here is a link to all his hardware.  The money antenna seemed to be the 4X5.

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/10m.htm

Scott  NE9U