[3830] ARRL 10 VE3CRU SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE3CRU SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:30:50 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Whitby Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 11.1

   CW:  49     18
  SSB:  40      9
-------------------
Total:  89     27  Total Score = 7,452

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was truly a contest of endurance, under poor condx.  Tempting to give up
but the contester in me said stick with it.  Actual time, ???

Ran the ProII with Preamp 2 on at all times, into the TA33jr beam up 33' and
many signals were no more than detectable in the noise.  Rapid qsb added to the
challenge.  In reviewing other scores already submitted it is interesting to
note who got what, especially in terms of DX.  Here, I worked LU1HF, LU7HN,
PJ2T and CU2C.  Heard and chased LU1EEF, LU9ESD, LV5V and AY8A Argentina and
XR6V but incomplete qso's.  Very few heard from the north-east, none worked.
Likewise from the south-west.

States/provinces worked are ON, NY, OH, TN, FL, AL, GA, TX, LA, MS, VA, SD, IL,
WA, BC AND MN.

Thanks to the ARRL for running the contest, and to all who participated who
gave me points and who were there and missed by me.  Better days ahead!!!

73,

Bill   VE3CRU