[3830] TBDC DL3YM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gissel@fh-ludwigshafen.de
Subject: [3830] TBDC DL3YM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:39:18 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: DL3YM
Operator(s): DL3YM
Station: DL3YM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Haltern
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 138  Total Score = 427

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

What a night to remember! 8 Qs across the big pond with low power and a very,
very simple antenna.

After spontaneously deciding to participate in the Stew Perry I had to convert
the inverted L I built up for this yearâ??s DARX XMAS Contest into an inverted
L for 160.
As we donâ??t have many high supports at my Momâ??s home where me and the
family went for Christmas this year I ended up with a bizarre construction:
a vertical section of 10 meters, followed by 10 meters of wire sloping eastward
from 10 to 8 meters height, another 18 meters sloping west south west from 8 to
6 meters height and a final section of about 3 meters sloping north from 6 to 3
meters height. Spread out 5 radials of
different lengths on the lawn and found the thing to be resonant at about
1830.

I strongly believe that working low power takes more much skill on the
receiving end so my hatâ??s off to all DX OPs who could pull me through (in
chronological order): C4M, ZC4LI, W1UE, W4ZV, W4AN, K9NW, N0AC, WB9Z, VE3DZ and
K5ZD (who was worked 8 minutes past my sunrise). Tnx a lot guys, looking forward
to seeing you all again next year!