[3830] RAC Winter VO1HE SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VO1HE SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 03:33:11 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: The Rock
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    0      0       0         0
   80:    0      7       0         4
   40:   27     42       4         7
   20:   45    189       7        12
   15:    4      4       2         2
   10:    0      1       0         1
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:   76    243      13        26  Total Score = 101,010

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

It was an auspicious start as the snowstorm raged outside. My tower was nested
and my only viable band was 40M. The noise kept me from hearing most the first
night so I hit the rack.

Got up to a beautiful morning. Cleared the driveway, cranked up the tower and
went for breakfast. Had a few errands so I got back around mid morning and
started in.

20M was dismal at best. Europe was hard to hear and there were very few contest
stations on. Had a look on 15 and worked a couple. One Ontario station moved me
to 10 and we got the Q!

Had a few short runs on 20 later in the afternoon. VE8RAC called me and I found
VY1RAC calling CQ to a virtually empty band a bit after that. Never heard VY0 at
all, if there were any on.

I looked at the score and it looked interesting so I figured that it was time
to quit. With another storm hitting us as I type this, it was a good thing as
it gave me the chance to lower my tower again. Last night was windless and
cold; similar to the morning.

Anyway, thanks for the Qs and CU next year.

73 -- Paul VO1HE