[3830] TBDC W4AN(K4BAI) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W4AN(K4BAI) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:13:42 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4AN
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: W8JI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EM73/GA
Operating Time (hrs): 14.0

Total:  QSOs = 698  Total Score = 4,051

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP MK5, AL1200, 1.5 KW output, vertical, four-square.  Activity seemed
down, but I made a few more QSOs than last year.  Europe was good early and
then almost disappeared under QRN from local thunderstorms.  European sunrise
opening was disappointing this year.  Did work five JA stations and one VK6.
Last year, no JAs, but one ZL.  Off-time was prolonged due to QRT because of a
thunderstorm that passed directly overhead about 5 AM.  I intended to operate
two hours 5W QRP as K4BAI, but had to QRT after only 13 QSOs due to the
thunderstorm.  Congrats to those 13 sharp eared ops.  Thanks for all the QSOs.

73,

John, K4BAI
Op and custodian, W4AN, South East Contest Club.