[3830] TBDC K1KI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frenaye@pcnet.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K1KI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:26:09 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN32
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 612  Total Score = 3,090

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't plan to operate full time but after a few hours stopping seemed out of
the question...   Having some f/b directionality problems with my 4-square that
I haven't resolved but it seems to work pretty well.  What I really need is a
salt water marsh nearby - congrats to W1UE and others for big scores.

I had 108 Eu QSOs and worked 265 grids overall.  Didn't hear many DX stations I
couldn't work - C4M obviously had lots of Eu QRM, and got a couple of ??? out of
JA3YBK at sunrise but no QSO.  Also heard VK6VZ well but no QSO.

Did anyone else hear the "woodpecker"-sounding noise?  Sounded a lot like the
Russian radar that used to plague 20m.  This one had repetitive clicks about
300/minute but only lasts 75 seconds - came off and on every five minutes are
so almost all night.   I know it's been heard elsewhere in W1.

              -- Tom/K1KI