[3830] CQWW CW A71EM M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mccarty@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW A71EM M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 13:03:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: A71EM
Operator(s): A71EM, A71BX, K5GN
Station: A71EM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Qatar
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:   36    10       34
   80:  352    19       74
   40: 1823    33      128
   20: 1231    36      130
   15:  897    33      115
   10:  109    18       55
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This contest as always was both a challenge and loads of fun.  Juma, A71EM, is a
great host and a great operator.  So is Ali, A71BX.  Thanks to both of them for
inviting me to join with them in putting A7 in a bunch of logs.

Local line noise and the buzz from wide-screen TV's is a major problem for Juma
on 80 and 160.  We made improvements to the single short beverage that helped
bring the noise levels down a few more dB, but still not enough for really good
reception.  If you made it into our log on those bands you can call your signal
very good!

On the other bands, when they are open to Europe (and especially when open to
Europe and USA) they really rock.

10m was not as good as it was during SSB (no surprise there) but did open up
enough to work a few of the deserving.

Six band QSOs:  P3F, 9K2HN, LZ9W, OM8A, T93J, A45XR, IR4X

We traded frequently between operators sitting at the run chair.  Our best hour
was on 40m across sunrise the first day, with the rate meter hovering above 200.
 This was total fun!

The slowest hours were when it ws hard to find a hole in the band in which to
CQ, or when we got into DXing, chasing some big pileups we couldn't break, or
especially when Juma would bring in a steaming tray of local delicacies -- the
radios were ignored as we tackled mountains of good food!

All the best to all of you in 2008!

Dave K5GN, A7/M0FGA