[3830] RTTY Roundup KD0S Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd0s@kd0s.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KD0S Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 20:14:13 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KD0S
Operator(s): KD0S
Station: KD0S

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
   80:  138
   40:  144
   20:  311
   15:   19
   10:    0
------------
Total:  612  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 23  Total Score = 45,288

Club:

Comments:

I am always on call weekends and as usual had a busy saturday. Started the
contest almost 3 hours late and was called away several times for short jobs.
Missed WY, MT, and SD.. I found W0SD in SD who was very loud 3 times during the
contest but couldnt work them. Once they got KE0S and I thought they would copy
my call but no luck. Its usually a slam dunk from here but the low power
operation didnt make the grade.
I had quite a bit of trouble holding a frequency and even though I could hear
the higher power stations well, they couldnt say the same about me.
I was astonished at the number of cw nets this weekend and noticed many of you
like myself wound up in the cw only portion of the band with our rtty signals.
I think that was mostly in the 20 meter novice band.... I will probably get
another letter like last years...
Anyway its nice to see all the cw ops out for the Rtty contest, just hope we
have an equal showing for the cw NAQP.
One thing to note was on 80 meters my dipole seemed to consistently outperform
the full size vertical at distance. That is not usually the norm so I dont know
if it was propagation or problems with the vertical. A quick check tonight
showed one of the elevated radials is burned in two. Some testing is in order.

It was really nice to hear all the old friends we work year after year in RU. I
hope you all have a blessed 2008.
Jim KD0S