[3830] RTTY Roundup K6GEP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6GEP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:49:07 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:   73
   40:  171
   20:  159
   15:  104
   10:
------------
Total:  507  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 15  Total Score = 33,969

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was able to devote longer blocks of time to the contest this year,
with fewer interruptions.

With no path to Europe again this year, this turned out to be a double-length
RTTY NAQP.  I managed to more than double my number of QSO's this year,
mainly due to improved software, dedicated dipoles for 15 and 80 meters,
and 18 months experience in RTTY contesting, compared to just 6 months last
year.  I was happy to finally break the 500 QSO barrier in a contest for the
first time.

My strategy was to stay away from the chaos on 20 meters at the opening
of the contest, and thankfully, 15 was open.  I think I didn't spend
enough time on 80, but I think I made up for it on 40.  Nice opening to
CT3 and EA8 land around 0700z.

NA Sections Missed:
VT DE MT AB LB NB NF NU NWT PEI YT

No new ones worked on RTTY for DXCC. 8-(

I didn't work NJ until very late Sunday.  I guess NJ is outside PVRC
territory?
Speaking of PVRC - VA and MD well represented - tnx.

Tnx to Ed for putting P49X on the air.

Rig:  FT-990 100 W

Ants:
      80 meter dipole sloped from 50 ft
      40 meter inverted vee at 50 feet
      20 meter dipole at 20 feet
      15 meter dipole at 25 feet

Software:
      N1MM + MMTTY - flawless and a joy to use
Filter:
      MFJ 784B