[3830] NAQP CW VE3RZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VE3RZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:28:11 -0800

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Team: CCO #2

Comments:

Rig : K2/100

Antennas : 20m vertical dipole
           40m inverted Vee dipole
           80m inverted vee dipole
          160m inverted L

Well, first contest from new qth.  Antennas are all makeshift temporary items
(means they will probably become permanent!). Put up inverted L Sat morning in
time for contest, only 30ft high but 185 feet long.  Tuned with series
capacitor and had four 135ft radials.

Very surprised to hear how quiet 160m was!  Had lots of fun, couldn't load the
40m dipole on 15m so missed mults there - 40m was putting too much rf back into
rig and could only run 50w on 40m (else K2 ATU complained).

Tried N1MM for first time in contest, liked it.  Will be trying it again.

Memory near end of contest - K1EP sending BRADY as his name - I was so busy
thinking it must be Ed that I had to ask for three rpts on name!!!