[3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:08:52 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:   27    16
   40:   72    35
   20:  146    36
   15:    3     3
   10:
-------------------
Total:  248    90  Total Score = 22,320

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team:

Comments:

This one was pretty brutal, especially on 75 - the noise levels were terrible
and it was very tough going for 5 watts!  Thanks to everybody for your patience
and good ears.

20 was pretty good for awhile and I was able to get some runs.  Interestingly a
well known big gun contester (SW US) called me to ask if I knew that he was just
a kHz up from me - actually he was 1.5 kHz away. - But come on - he's whining
because my 5 watt signal is bothering him 1.5 kHz away - on 20 meters no less?
Gotta be kidding....  And I had asked twice if the frequency was clear before I
called CQ - unlike a lot of guys unfortunately.  (What is happening to
operating ethics?)

See ya in the next one!

73,
Randy, ND0C

Station: Yaesu FT-897D - 5 watts out; 3 el. tribander at 50' and dipoles at 45'