[3830] NAQP SSB N6HC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6hc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N6HC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:21:55 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:    3     2
   80:  134    26
   40:  303    50
   20:  400    51
   15:   30    13
   10:    3     1
-------------------
Total:  873   143  Total Score = 124,879

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

What a difference one week can make.  Compared to the CW version of the NAQP, I
had no ten meter opening, minimal activity on 15 meters, almost no activity on
160 meters and, consequently, a significant decrease in the number of
multipliers for this contest.  This was, for all intents, a two band contest
(20 & 40) for me.  The rates were breathtaking at times (190+/hour rates) mixed
with periods of sheer boredom.  The pile-up on me was like being the object of a
DXpedition at times! (Good training for the TX5C upcoming DXpedition 8>)  ).  My
80 meter inverted Vee is resonant in the CW subband, so I needed to use an
antenna tuner on 75 meters.  There was significant RF in the shack from this
mismatch causing the computer to hiccup frequently.  It was fun to communicate
with all the usual suspects and a pleasant surprise to find some new calls
joining this contesting fraternity activity.  Thanks for all the Qs.  See you
in the next one!  Best regards, Arnie  N6HC