[3830] NAQP SSB KI9A Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki9a@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KI9A Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 06:56:10 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KI9A
Operator(s): KI9A
Station: KI9A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:    1     1
   80:   82    30
   40:  130    36
   20:   79    25
   15:   14     6
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  306    98  Total Score = 29,988

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #2

Comments:

Ugh. Bands were el-stinko.  Can't believe I could not hear an IL station on 40
or 80, and I LIVE IN ILLINOIS!  Bands seemed to waaay long, real fast, then
they got noisey. Real tough to do with poor antennas, low power, and poor
condx. Sucks to have W6's CQ in your face on 20.

However, I did learn more about my GAP Voyager on 40/80.  I certianally made
QSO's on both bands, that I could not have with my 45' high G5RV, and the same
in reverse. I made Q's on the G5, that I could not have with the vertical, so,
it so far has been a successful addition...Sure wish I had room for a tower, so
I can get my tribander off of the roof tower.

Also learned more about the new PRO 3 I bought this fall. It gets a bit warm,
not hot, while running wide open 100 watts. I always use an amp ( when allowed)
in contests, so never had it cranked up more than 50 w or so. Cured it by
blowing a muffin fan at it, but, got aggrivating hearing the fan. Oh well.

This contest is a BLAST when all bands are open, can't wait for the next couple
years to get by!

73- Chuck KI9A