[3830] NAQP SSB W4LT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4lt@ij.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W4LT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:44:43 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    0     0
   80:   41    26
   40:  411    47
   20:  313    44
   15:   64    20
   10:   67    19
-------------------
Total:  896   156  Total Score = 139,776

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Rig :  Kenwood TS850S/AT
Antennas :  TH3JRS @ 30 ft, Dual band trap inverted Vee @ 28 FT
Software:  N1MMLogger v7.12.2

Tremendous FUN!!!

Missed HI and ND this time.  AK called me twice.

I had a productive run going on 20 when the WX radio went off to tell me we
were under a tornado warning.  Looked outside, lots of wind and rain... and
serious lightning!  Unplugged everything and had to stop till the WX cleared.

It was wonderful to have 10 and 15 useful for a change, as it certainly helped
my totals!

These short 100 watt contests are a great!  I did mostly runs and was quite
successful not having to work around megawatt stations.  I would find a band
open, work all available stations, then pick a place and run till the rate
dropped into the yellow on MM's display, move, then start the process again.

I had piles on 40 and 20 4-5 stations deep for multiple minutes.  I held run
frequencies for over an hour at a time with respectable rates.  I actually felt
loud in this test... A new experience for me from my meager station.  For
example:

2008-01-19 1953 - 2352Z,   14293 kHz, 292 Qs, 73.3/hr W4LT
2008-01-20 0041 - 0319Z,    7195 kHz, 270 Qs, 102.2/hr W4LT

I know you high power guys do this all the time, but this was a truly
intoxicating experience for a low power Search and Pounce operator like me!

80 was trashed by QRN from the squall line that passed during the test.  Too
bad, I think I could have broken 1000q's if I could have actually HEARD on 80!

-lu-w4lt-