[3830] CQ160 CW N5IA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N5IA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:45:31 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N5IA
Operator(s): N2IC, N5IA, K7IA, W7MCO
Station: N5IA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1266  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 58  Total Score = 487,200

Club: Cactus Radio Club

Comments:

Quite and outing.  WA6CDR couldn't come: He's on the Braveheart headed for
VP6DX; WA5Y had business on the left coast; NI5L had a rifle match; so K7IA was
recruited to the group for his first outing in a TopBand multi-op.  Together
with N2IC and W7MCO the team was complete.

There were great conditions both nights with the exception to the Pacific the
2nd morning.  68 Ja's the first night and only 11 the 2nd night.  No other PAC
area stations on night 2.

We left about 8 mults on the table; all heard well but not worked.  Gotta get
some more TX antenna somehow.

We had 50 less Q's than last year but 11 more mults.  This is our best score
ever.

The real highlight of the contest was working WA6CDR maritime mobile in region
3 near the International Date Line.  He is on the Braveheart as it cruises from
ZL land to Mangareva in French Polynesia.

Overall Q count Stats:

K, W = 1005
VE   = 64
DX   = 197

Short Q count per Mult breakdown report:

CA = 124
JA = 79
TX = 55
WA = 51
OH = 43

Continental Mult breakdown

EU = 33
NA = 11, + K&VE states & Provinces
SA = 5
AF = 3
OC = 4
AS = JA + 1

Equipment:

FT-1000 MPs
Alpha 99
1/4 WL Groundplane
Beverage farm

A short report this time around as there is still a bundle of things I have to
do and get ready for the DXped of a lifetime.  A week from right now I will be
two hours out of Papeete, Tahiti on the flight from LAX.  The VP6DX team boards
the Braveheart in Mangareva on Tuesday, February 5th.

>From there it is 72 hours of cruise time to Ducie.  We anticipate off loading
to the island the morning of the 9th.  Three days are allocated to install the
entire operation and bring all 7 stations on the air near simultaneously around
sundown local time on Monday, Feb. 11th (~0500Z 12 Feb).  Let's all hope it goes
as planned with weather being the most uncertain element.

So, look for us on TopBand and all others from Ducie Island, VP6DX.  We will
operate in the CQ 160 SSB contest.  Thanks for the Q's in this one and an
apology to those we couldn't pull out.

73 de Milt, N5IA