[3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene_n9tf@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:54:04 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

Total:  QSOs = 278  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 3  Total Score = 33,284

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Always a lot of fun to see what I can do on 160 CW with antenna challenged
station. Great to hear and work a lot of familier calls. I missed a good
portion of Friday night, so don't know how good EU was then. But I could not
believe the strong signals Saturday night. I don't usually hear EU that well,
or much at all with my low antennas. As strong as they were though, my 100
watts and 35 foot high short dipole could not break through all the big signals
from the states. Biggest signal heard was OM7M. With attenuater on and the
preamp off on the TS-2000, OM7M was S9! Tried for a good 20 minutes, but no
go.

Missed ND,MT,AK, and ME for WAS. Worked five Canadian Provences, ON, PEI, AB,
BC, and QC. Lots of ON's worked. Also worked lots of TN, and VA. DX worked was
KH6LC, XE, and C6A. I am always amazed at how well KH6LC hears the weak low
power stations. I've never had to repeat!

Lots of SMCers in the log this year. Lots of good signals out there this
contest.

Rig: TS-2000
Antennas: Alpha Delta DX-LB at 35' broad side NW/SE radiating straight up!
Alpha Delta DX-B at 35' sloping to 4' above ground aimed at 60 degrees, most
likely radiating straight up.

73 Gene N9TF