[3830] CQ160 CW OH2XX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OH2XX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:22:10 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OH2XX
Operator(s): OH2XX
Station: OH2XX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 505  State/Prov = 7  Countries = 49  Total Score = 147,168

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

What a fun weekend. I was there for about 12 hours but enjoyed every minute of
it.

I am currently using just a temporary dipole for 160 meters that I put up twice
a year - during CQWW CW and CQ 160 CW. It is only about 6 meters above the
ground, but seems to work quite well anyway. The surroundings of my QTH are
about 20 meters below in most directions so that must help. The propagation
seemed to be quite ok too.

The highlight of the contest was being called by K1LT during Saturday night. I
was more prepared to S&P stateside stations but K1LT made a nice exception to
that. He must hear very well. Nice to work CU2A, EF8M, CN2R and TF4M too.

Thank you all for QSOs.

Equipment:
ICOM 756 Pro III
AL-80A amplifier