[3830] CQ160 CW XE1RCS Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ramon@xe1kk.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW XE1RCS Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:32:21 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: XE1RCS
Operator(s): XE1JG XE1MM XE1ME XE1ZW XE1YJY XE1YZY & XE1KK
Station: XE1RCS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Zumpango, Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 27

Total:  QSOs = 1089  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 62  Total Score = 723,600

Club: Radio Club Satelite

Comments:

After 11 years of SSB participation we tried CW for the first time and love it.

We sure need to thank our President and master coordinator Arny XE1ME and
Jorgito XE1YJY who also helped on the logistics as well of the Mazutti family
who year after year give us asylum at the â??La Purisimaâ?? ranch in Zumpango,
north of Mexico City and feed us with â??quesadillasâ?? with cheese made with
milk from the ranch.

Also thanks to our chief engineer Jesus XE1JG who this year made a Beverage
among Beverages with our un-phased double 420 meter RX antenna to Europe, it
was the best antenna that we have had and of course the numbers of stations
from Europe increase dramatically. The rest of the Beverages worked great but
this one surprised us all.

Special mention to our secret weapon Masa San, XE1MM, who give us a lesson of
discipline and hard work while contestingâ?¦ but well, what can you expect!  He
is a JA!!!  :-)

Thanks as well to our two experienced CW ops Bill XE1ZW and Pedro XE1YZY who
where hooked on contesting and now are part of the team.  Also on the team it
was me, Ramon, XE1KK

Conditions were good both nights, noise was low and everything worked as
expected.

Our call was busted several times and each of those the same stations create
dupes on our log. Amazing!

Some stations comment that our signal was not as strong as other years; it
could be because our maximum power was 800 watts to a ¼ wave vertical but most
of the time we were close to 500 watts.  This is something we need to work on.

We worked many old friends and log several new ones for our top band DXCC
count.

Bill XE1ZW made a video and Joaquin XE1YJS edit it.  Even that itâ??s in
Spanish you may want to take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10K7BWZ5NCc

CU next year con CW and in a month on SSB.