[3830] CQ160 CW T93J Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW T93J Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 00:31:41 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: T93J
Operator(s): T90R, T90T, T93J, T96C, T98U
Station: T93J

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Prijedor (JN84IX)
Operating Time (hrs): 42

Total:  QSOs = 1706  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 85  Total Score = 1,350,630

Club: BHCC (Bosna and Herzegovina Contest Club)

Comments:

Our main plan was to travel to T9 together with Mario DJ2MX and Chris DL1MGB
from
Vienna, but unfortunately Mario got the flu and Chris didnâ??t want to travel
alone
from DL to OE. We arrived in T9 on Friday early morning alone and after few
hours of
sleep went to the QTH to prepare the beverages and the station setup (tnx to
T90R for help).
Because of some technical problems it was not possible to set up the station as
we wanted and in comparison to our plans our setup at the end became very
simple.
(unfortunately technical problems produced by human failure killed RX of one
FT2K and Acom switch)

FT-1000MP + AMP + INV V @ 50m
FT-2000 as second RX

RX Antennas:
K9AY loop in 4 directions
beverage 200m to south west (SA)
beverage 250m to south (AF)
beverage 220m to south east (Indian ocean and middle east)
beverage 150m to north east (AS-JA´s)
2 phased beverages 150m to north west (NA)
(all beverages are about 2,5 m high with two 10-20m long radials on each end)

Switching between so many beverages is still not quick enough and during the 48
hours itâ??s hard work so we need to improve that.

The contest was very interesting with much activity and great condx.
We made some tactical mistakes and our choice of freq wasnâ??t the best at any
given time. Also since we lost 2 OPâ??s our time plan was not anymore good
enough and our station was not all 48 hours on the air because some OP´s
didnâ??t have time to be there during the whole contest.

The first NA station (W5KU from TX) was worked at 03:13 UTC Saturday morning,
right after that we worked even a few west coast stations with excellent
signals and at the end of the first night we logged "only" 108 NA stations (33
S/P). In comparison with others this was not good enough. Also many fights to
try keep the freq clear resulted in low rates or at least not so high rates as
expected. First day we worked only 4 JA´s. Second night produced about 150 NA
stations and most of them were worked between 01:20 till 04:00 UTC after that
time, the band was not anymore in good shape. Second day produced 48 JA´s,
there were many more but it was very hard to pick up weak JA signals trough QRM
and JA pile up!

We missed many mults we heard (like TI,VP9,6W,ZF2,JT,CX,LU,...) some of them
where very busy with NA pile ups and some of them called CQ in our faces
without any reaction to our calls! At the end of the contest it took us about
25 min to work VO1TA who was S7 on our RX antenna (hardest QSOs for new mult).
Many other US didn't react to our calls, same with CW0TOP who was at his sunset
S6 on our side! It looks like we need a better TX antenna...

Our QSO Statistics:
EU 1310
NA 268
AS 111
SA 8
AF 8
OC 1

Our congratulations go to Ranko 4O3A and his team on their superb result,
they really exploited the advantage of 4O call sign and did an excellent
job!!!

73 es best dx
de T93J/OE1EMS
Braco