[3830] NA Sprint CW N5AA(N3BB) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N5AA(N3BB) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:46:08 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N5AA
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:  114
   40:  160
   20:   82
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Hipsters

Comments:

Twenty closed a bit early. Everyone was crunched on 40 until the crowd made it
to 80. Conditions seemed good. The atmosphere here was quiet. The gear all
worked OK, no problems other than the matter between my ears. I used N5AA
(thanks K5NA) and it is a great call. Do I have to return it, Richard?  hi hi

Rate includes four dupes. I must have botched earlier QSOs as all four said
they were not dupes so I worked them again.

Band changes-171 per TR.

 HOUR   80CW    40CW    20CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0       0      44      63     107     107
    1      13      57      19      89     196
    2      36      48       0      84     280
    3      65      14       0      80     360

  TOTAL   115     163      82

Mults:

Ak      Co      Ia      La      Mo      Nj      Ok      Tn      ZF      vE7
Al      Ct      Il      Ma      Ms      Nm      Or      Tx      vE1
Ar      De      In      Md      Mt      Nv      Pa      Va      vE2
Az      Fl      Ks      Mi      Nc      Ny      Sc      Wa      vE3
Ca      Ga      Ky      Mn      Nh      Oh      Sd      Wi      vE6

Never heard a mult that I didn't work. The NV station was a nice surprise.
Finally got K4FXN after being out of synch or always getting beat out. Ditto
WD0T. Those were the hardest to track down. Tnx VE9DX, my Maratime bud, who
somehow always finds me. Andy, thanks! There was only one VE7, VE6, and VE2 as
well. Appreciate those guys getting on.

Only one station was worked in several states (KS, IA, MO, SD, KY, NV, MT, AL,
LA, NJ, and probbaly others. Didn't hear a WV station. I think I heard AJ1M now
that I think about it, so maybe he was on. never heard N4ZR. The activity is
razor thin with some mults, so thanks!

N9NB called before the contest with some TR questions. I was not able to debug
it over the phone, but heard Ted on from VA and he seemed to be doing well.
Hope all was OK.

What a thrill to listen to the great CW operators. As usual, I was trailing
N5RZ@K5TR, N2IC, K1TO plus W6YI. It will be interesting to see all the claimed
scores.

73, Jim N3BB