[3830] MnQP N2CU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP N2CU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 05:38:08 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 6.4

  160:       5       0
   80:      36       0
   40:     100       0
   20:       4       0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
-------------------------
Total:     145       0  Mults = 71  Total Score = 20,590

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

Ouch! Looks like new winners in the HP and LP categories this year. I knew five
in a row wasn't in the cards when I got up late and quickly set up the logger.
Turned on the rig and the bands were as bad as I've ever heard them. I'm sure
the geomagnetic storm didn't help. Kudos to the mobiles who prepared and
executed their plans regardless. No propagation on 20m, and 80 and 40 were ESP.
Last year 80 produced all day long but I could barely hear anything this time.
40 was a struggle for most of the day. Things did improve during the evening
though. Anyway, on to my excuse - worked a few stations at the start until
wifey found out I was on the radio. She had some honey-do things that just
couldn't wait. So, off goes the radio and any chance of winning. N1MM says I
missed over 3.5 hours. In the end, it was still a fun event and not winning
this time will give me some motivation next year. Thanks MNQP and it's
sponsors.

73,
Tom N2CU <><