[3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0pc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP K0PC Mobile/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:01:47 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0PC
Operator(s): K0PC
Station: K0PC

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:     306
   40:     365
   20:      51
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
-------------------------
Total:     722       0  Mults = 72  Total Score = 103,968

Club:

Comments:

Just a great day for a drive. OK, 20M wasn't cooperating but you go to the party
with the propagation you have (where have I heard that before?)

The rover team of John W9DND and Pat KÃ?PC finally figured out how to plan a
route after four very optimistic attempts. This year we started at on time and
finished the last QSOs after pulling into John's driveway at 2358z. The APRS
setup worked all day and I was actually quite amazed at the coverage we got in
Western MN.

We had almost no problems this year, a little RF in a keying line that was
easily solved with a few turns through a ferrite core. One wrong turn which we
quickly discovered and we were back on track. The radio and antenna worked
without a problem all day, quite a change from last year.

Random thoughts:
- 20M was sorely missed but 80M was useful all day
- 10 min rates were over 150 several times and the last two hours were both
over 100, a fun finish
- KRÃ?B must have been reading my mind. It seemed like every time I went to 80M
Mike was the first in the log
- It was good to hear N2CU and finally K9NW. It wouldn't be MNQP without these
guys in your log

Thanks for all the fun and we will see you next year!

73,
Pat  KÃ?PC & John W9DND