[3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 07:09:28 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     263
   40:     253
   20:     102
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
-------------------------
Total:     618       0  Mults = 82  Total Score = 101,352

Club:

Comments:

Activated ten MN counties as a solo op mobile - NIC, BLU, BRO, WAT, MRT, JAC,
COT, NOB, MUR, and RDW.  Temperatures at the start of the contest were about 35
to 40 degrees warmer than last year and by the afternoon the sun was out making
for a very nice winter day in Minnesota.  This year I ran a FT-897, 500 & 300
Hz filters, a DOS based laptop with NA, and a MFJ manual tune screw driver with
a 12' whip mounted on the roof at each stop.  As a solo op I simply find a good
spot to pull off the road and operate before moving on.  80m was as hot as 20m
was poor.  I did operate on 20m at all my stops except for my last stop around
2300z in RDW as the band was closed.  My "most worked" list includes: WB8JUI
(15), K4AMC (12), W0BH (11), KB9S (10), KR0B (10), N0AT (10), VE3NBJ (10), N2CU
(9), N6MU (9), & WA3HAE (9) ... there may be a few others that I missed on my
scan.   MANY thanks to everyone for all the Q's.  If anyone needs a QSL card
I'm good in QRZ.  Look for W0ZQ/9 in the WiQP in a few weeks.   73, Jon