[3830] NA Sprint CW N6WG QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6WG QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:43:29 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  37      1.5
   40:  28        1
   20:  30      1.5
---------------------
Total:  95     Mults = 26  Total Score = 2,565

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

This turned out to be more fun than I expected, with fairly good
conditions.  I made my second best score to date, since my best
back in Feb of 2005.
I finally found my groove by using the vfo A/B switch on my K2
to jump back and forth between two frequencies, and CQing like
crazy on them.  I'd check around each freq for a S&P target, but
SOAPBif nothing found, hit the CQ button and let'er roll.  I had a
number of periods where I'd get a call at least once every minute
for 6 or 7 minutes at a time.  These mini-runs are a big deal at
QRP levels :O).
I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from ZF2BJ while CQing
on 40m.  He was the only Caribbean signal I heard, although I
really didn't make a big effort to find any.  I was pretty much
focused on W and VE call signs which I had a reasonable chance to
work.
Anyway, now that I'm starting to figure this out, I'm looking
forward to the September cw run now.  Also hope to work a number
of you in the phone run next weekend.
Thanks for the QSOs and the patience while I fumbled with the
keyboard.
Good luck and 73
Bob N6WG