[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:59:45 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 3.7

   80:
   40:
   20:
---------------------

Club:

Team: SMC Snow

Comments:

My home amplifier is in J7 in preparation for our J7DX operation in ARRL CW, so
in a burst of insanity I decided to give QRP a try. Major struggle, got beat
out in every pileup, lots of repeats, and zillions of unanswered CQs. I got a
little smarter near the end, and if 4 or 5 CQs went unanswered I started S&P
again. I'll probably do this again, but in the fall when 20 is open a lot
longer, and from my cabin where I have lots better antennas. Rig IC-765, C-3S,
135 ft dipole at 25 ft for 40/80. By the way ZF2BJ was sending CI as a mult,
but my logging program likes ZF better. 73 Jim