[3830] CQ160 CW OK5W Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1nf@centrum.cz
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OK5W Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 05:03:54 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: OK5W
Operator(s): OK1AAU, OK1AEZ, OK1CF, OK1FKD, OK1NF, OK1WF
Station: OK5W

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 43

Total:  QSOs = 1475  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 77  Total Score = 1,097,878

Club:

Comments:

Beside (unfortunately) usual bad behaviour of many European stations we also
faced some technical problems like destroyed HV transformer in the power
amplifier or antenna switch malfunction. As a bonus there was a windstorm for
the whole weekend in our contest QTH in the Ore Mountains. The strong wind
repeatedly damaged our receiving antennas and it wasnâ??t pleasant work for
Jirka OK1AEZ and Franta OK1AAU to go out and repair beverages in this beastly
weather.

Nevertheless the 2008 CQ 160m was a great contest. There was a good opening to
North America (including the U.S. West Coast) during the Saturday early morning
and we broke a million points barrier for the first time in our club history.
Thanks to everybody who gave us a call and congrats to winners!

See you next year!