[3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K4BAI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:24:51 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint - Feb 8

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:  14
   40:  10
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  24     13  Total Score = 312

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 40M dipole, 88' center fed zepp, 80M inverted vee dipole.
20M seemed completely dead.  Not too many stations around for this SSB Sprint
Practice on the lower bands.  Worked everyone I heard except W7WHY and N7LOX,
who didn't hear me on 40, but did hear me OK on 80.  40 was too long for TX,
but was short enough for IN, IL, and MA.  Can't quite figure that skip zone
out, but couldn't hear K5NZ at all on 40.  Same was true for the QRP Fox AE5BH
in TX earlier in the evening.  N1IX in NH was very strong and there was no
signal audible from the TX Fox.  Hope to work everyone on three bands Saturday
night, but we will be very lucky if 20M is as good Saturday as it was last
Saturday for the CW Sprint.  Don't forget another SSB Sprint practice tonight.
Maybe we can get a slightly better turn out.  73, John, K4BAI.