[3830] NA Sprint SSB VE6EX HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dlazar@telusplanet.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB VE6EX HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:36:27 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX
Station: VE6EX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Calgary AB
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   39     1.5
   40:   56     1.5
   20:   48       1
---------------------

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Team:

Comments:

Hi All:
   Well the prop will call the shots every time. I was hoping for a ~200q
effort with my baby amp, and many others stateside did'nt break 200.
   I did a few q's on 3 bands, but I guess we all did the contest the best we
could and the best I did was put in full time trying hard.. If 20 and 40 prop
had done a real hour the numbers could have been really better in AB.
   At any rate Jerry VE6CNU and I got ~200 Q's out there; the best we could for
8 hrs of pounding HI!.
   I left 40 when the band seemed to be empty and 80 did'nt seem to happen at
all

   IN fact  ****ON MOVING TO 80 I COULD'NT FIND THE CONTEST***.

I knew where it was supposed to be but no signals; not even big guns!!! So I
started CQing like crazy and got a call from WA. Things improved as the band
filled/ or time went on HI!
   VE6EX was:  SO1R!!!
   TS940sat into Home built 3-500 amp @ 500w or so.
   2 el loops on 20 @ 60'; quarter slopers off the tower for 40, 80. TRLOG
flawless logging. Love those colours!!!
   Thanks for the calls, I did the best I could with local noise/ prop.
   Dan VE6EX..