[3830] RTTY WPX K7RE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7RE@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K7RE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:52:35 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K7RE
Operator(s): K7RE
Station: K7RE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 27.5

   80:  126   288
   40:  242   598
   20:  471   777
   15:   19    43
   10:
-----------------
Total:  858  1706  Prefixes = 337  Total Score = 574,922

Club:

Comments:

Conditions to Europe up this far north were very  spotty, and poor especially on
Sunday morning. The QSB was horrendous, and at times surrealistic.  At times,
there were no signals at all showing on the display! I got that sinking feeling
more than once that something on my end had failed, especially with the band
noise being so incredibly low. However, owing to the ever increasing RTTY
activity, I was able to work 63 unique Countries in my 28 hours on air time
with my LP station.  The SDR spectrum scope really makes a huge difference on
S&P, which I did a lot of in this contest.  On 15 meters, where there were
never more than 3 or 4 signals, I was able to see them and pounce accordingly.
Only 1 or 2 countries were worked on my CQ's.  Still, I had a wonderful time.
Thanks to all of the NA stations that came back to my CQ's with my rather
mundane K7 call sign prefix.