[3830] CQ160 CW K4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, work@tourstar.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:39:25 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K4XD
Operator(s): K4XD
Station: K4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Raleigh, NC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 396  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 29  Total Score = 94,958

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My belated 3830 report for CQ WW 160.  I love 160M, and it's nice to see 29
countries in two days -- it took me about 6 months to get my first 29 on top
band!

Lots of family stuff going on limited my operating time, but I enjoyed every
minute.  As many commented, the conditions to EU rocked!  Unfortunately I only
got to enjoy the first night's, as I was out with family the second evening.
But what a nice combination of low QRN and great propagation.  I heard a couple
of JA's but didn't work any, but a few days later on 2/2 I managed my first JA
on 160M at local sunrise here.  Quite the thrill!!

Thanks all for the Q's.

73,
Rowland K4XD