[3830] ARRLDX CW K0TV M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0TV M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:55:39 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0TV
Operator(s): K1HI, K1UZK, K1WD, K2TE, NE1B, NF1A, W1END, W1ZZ
Station: K0TV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Hampshire
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   97    53
   80:  472    85
   40:  708    95
   20: 1399   106
   15:  117    57
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2793   396  Total Score = 3,312,144

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This year we had a plan. We were going to use our band changes more effectively
and we did. The team was ready and we never had a problem with enough operators
unlike previous years. Even the overnights were fully staffed.

Since I finally fixed the four square for 40, that was working FB and provided
some much needed help for quick swings of the antenna.

Murphy struck the first day when I had just fallen asleep, one of the operators
came running in complaining of the smell of burned resistors. I quickly
identified one of the amplifiers as the culprit and started to analyze what
went wrong. A burned resistor was found and a replacement fabricated. When the
new resistor was soldered in, the amp still didn't work but a popped fuse was
found in the same circuit and the fuse replaced. The amp then hummed along
without problems for the rest of the contest.

Equipment problems were minor and the team came through with flying colors.
Most importantly a good time was had by all.

MVP this time goes to K1HI for making over 1000 of our 20 meter QSOs.

See everyone in two weeks. I'll see a few of you next week for the CQWW 160
phone weekend. I'll just be giving out points. Make sure you're spotted!

Best 73,

Jerry, K0TV