[3830] ARRLDX CW WA2MNO SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.lafont@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WA2MNO SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:00:43 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 14:46

  160:   16    12
   80:   49    36
   40:   73    55
   20:   43    39
   15:   17    16
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  198   158  Total Score = 93,852

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I enjoyed this contest very much. After all, looking for new DX multipliers was
my goal. After 38 years of amateur radio I finally decided last year it was
time to get my DXCC, never mind we were at the bottom of the sun spot cycle. My
goal was to reach 100 DX confirmed QSOs using LoTW. By the end of the CQ WW RTTY
contest I made it over 100 confirmed DX QSOs on LoTW. Then this contest came
along and I don't have the total number of new DX QSOs I made but I believe it
was quite considerable. If I looked at the paper DX QSLs I received over the
years all the QTHs I lived at I probably would have made it on paper alone but
this was a new challenge and I was thrilled at making DXCC using LoTW alone.

Friday night was great early on 40M as well as Saturday evening. Saturday and
Sunday afternoon was a lot of fun but not a lot of new DX until later on Sunday
afternoon where I make a few more new DX QSOs.

Those guys in VP6DX have one heck of a station. I worked them from 160-15M with
only wires. They were amazingly loud on 160M early Sunday morning. I was hoping
to work them on 10M and when I saw them spotted my aspirations rose to work
them on all 6 bands but that never happened. Still it was fun working them on 5
of the 6 bands.

73 - Bob
WA2MNO