[3830] ARRLDX CW W1MU SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@crv.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1MU SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:00:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1MU
Operator(s): W1MU
Station: W1MU

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: FN53
Operating Time (hrs): 26.7

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1473   104
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1473   104  Total Score = 458,952

Club:

Comments:

My goal this year was to try to do as well as last year, but I fell short.
Conditions were worse, the mults just weren't there for me, and QSO counts were
down (especially with JA).  I did manage to get two good nights of sleep.

There were numerous highlights.

Getting called by D2NX, J28JA, and 5H1HD was goodness. It was great to see guys
like ZB2EO, 4K9W, and 9Y4VU (just to name a few) in there handing out mults.

The operating skills of our friends in the EU are, in general, very impressive.
 Many of those guys are as good as one can get.  Lots of persistent QRP & QRPp
operators.

Signals from JA in Sunday were good but the opening was short -- signals from
JA0QNJ, JA1YPA and JF1NHD, as well as others, were 5-10 over in FN53.  Managed
to ride a short LP opening on Saturday at sunset to snag a few Siberians and a
VK6, which are always in short supply for the ARRL DX test.

The lowlights were in there too.

This year the dupes seemed overwhelming.  There were a few guys with whom I had
3-4 Q's.  It may be time to look into the philosophy of "work the dupes."  They
sure use up valuable time.

Signals on Sunday morning were VERY up and down.

So there's always next year.  See you then.

Radio here was a K3 and an ACOM 1000 at about 800W, feeding 5-over-5 at heights
of 15m & 30m.  Software was N1MM.