[3830] ARRLDX CW NS3T SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NS3T SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:05:46 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Radios: SO2R

  160:   14    11
   80:   93    47
   40:   18    14
   20:  141    49
   15:   35    20
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  301   141  Total Score = 127,323

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Not a serious effort at all, but that's okay.  I still had fun.  I worked VP6DX
for a new country, so that was cool.  Thanks to them for joining the contest
fun.  Also worked my first 4Z on 80 meters for a new band country.

Had issues with my 40 meter antennas, which one minute were fine and then the
next were haywire.  I finally figured it out on Sunday afternoon - it was the
remote switchbox and not the antennas themselves.

Once again, I have to ask European contesters to please don't use "QSO B4."  I
must have had eight or ten stations that sent that to me, and I did not have
anything close to their call in my log...so I just moved on.

At one point on Saturday night, I fell asleep at the keyboard while S&P'ing on
80 meters.  I woke up hearing my call sign and 5NN KW in my headphones.  I was
startled and didn't know what to do.  The station sent my call and the exchange
again, so I sent 5NN MD.

The funny part was that there was no call in my log entry window.  So I had to
listen to the station for a few Q's before he gave his own call to figure out
who I'd just had a contact with!  Now if I could only figure out how to sleep
AND log the calls, this might be something to experiment with hi hi

Please pass on your contest photos and stories for my contesting web site -
ns3t (at) arrl (dot) net

73 Jamie NS3T
http://www.radio-sport.net
Your home for ham radio contest news