[3830] ARRLDX CW VO1HE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VO1HE SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:50:08 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: The Rock
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:    0     0
   80:   86    44
   40:  131    51
   20:  229    57
   15:   67    36
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  513   188  Total Score = 289,332

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't seem like 19 hours.

Never managed many new band/mode countries. Frankly, given the conditions, I
didn't expect to do anywhere close to last year. I had the realtime scoreboard
up in a window and kept watching the proceedings. Easy to do when you S&P :)

Around about late afternoon I was tempted to start calling US stations as I had
run out of DX to work. Picked up again on Sunday though.

There really needs to be some standards for cut numbers. You can figure them
out but it throws you off for a second when you get something you don't expect.
Also, when working split, for the love of God give some indication of the RX
range. UP is a vast area; even moreso when you don't have the cluster telling
you where UP is.

Anyway, it was a bit better than last year in score but short on mults. 15 was
sporadic and 10 was once again missing.

Thanks for the Qs and CU in the next one.

73 -- Paul VO1HE