[3830] ARRLDX CW NE7D SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NE7D SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 22:15:38 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NE7D
Operator(s): NE7D
Station: NE7D

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Salem, OR
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   33    17
   40:   55    19
   20:  193    59
   15:   29    13
   10:
-------------------
Total:  310   108  Total Score = 100,440

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I didn't have a goal in mind when the contest started -- just wanted to work at
building my contesting skills -- but as the final hour approached I found
myself within striking distance of 100K points (a big deal for this little
pistol!).  20 was the only band with any activity and I had picked it over
pretty well. . . and the few new stations that came up were piled up like rare

DX.  In the last half hour I worked a pileup to get KG6DX for my last mult,
then found a hole and banged away furiously for the last 20 minutes.  As time
ran out, I REALLY wanted that 100K score and a run of JA's in the final minutes
was bringing it nearer.  With less than 2 minutes to go, I crossed the 100K line
and managed one more Q for good measure before the flag dropped (with
JA4DQX/QRP!!).  Mni tnx to the JA's that brought it home for me!  And tnx to
all the other good ears and great ops for making it a fun contest.

Motorola FT-1000MP Mark-V Field
Logikey K-5 keyer
Spiderbeam at 35' for 15 & 20
80M OCF dipole at 100' for 40 & 80