[3830] ARRLDX CW NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NQ4I@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:45:32 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): NQ4I,VE7ZO,W4SVO,K2SX,WB4A,K1XX,K5KG,K4TD,KY4F,W5LE,K4BAI,K2UFT
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:  188    69
   80:  637    88
   40: 1117   109
   20: 1823   121
   15:  213    76
   10:   19     9
-------------------
Total: 3997   472  Total Score = 5,656,929

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

160m W4SVO FT-1000D and Alpha 77...new sloping vertical system did great job..we
passed last years score by the end of the first night...best score ever from
here on 160m! Good job Bulldog!!
80m K2SX and WB4A FT-1000D FT1000MP Alpha 77 and Alpha 78...3 element vertical
array still doing great job...will be adding the next 3 elements this spring
and then we will have a serious 80m antenna!!K2SX and WB4A hung in there till
the end!! Excellent job!
40m K1XX and K5KG FT-1000D x 2 Henry 4K and Henry 3K-A...we moved Charlie K1XX
from the 20m team for this contest to 40m and he and George K5KG did an
excellent job...worked 3 HS0's XU, BY, 9V1, 9M6, UA9 etc...Charlie and George
may have found a home on 40m now...
20m VE7ZO, K4TD,KY4F, and W5LE FT-1000D x2 Alpha 77 and Henry 3K Classic
II...for 20m we deployed our greatest assets ZO and TD to our greatest resource
20m....it payed off with dividends!! Our best 20m score in a very long
time...the 8 el was the best Mult antenna..in and out in one call! The long
nights were lonely and not very productive...ZO had 2 back to back 175+ hours
Sat morning! And TD had some great runs Sunday morning...looks like we now have
the 20m team in place! W5LE is back in Ga and made it down...glad to have you
back Gene!
15m K4BAI and K2UFT FT-1000D and FT-1000MP Henry amps x2...boy what a
disappointment 15 m was! On Saturday it was a struggle for each qso...John and
Dick kept smiles on their faces, but inside they were disappointed! John worked
our first JA on Sat and that was pretty amazing considering the poor EU opening
that morning...Sunday was a breath of fresh air with the conditions some what
better...
10m NQ4I FT-1000D and Alpha 87A...B-O-O-R-I-N-G...no qso's Friday
evening...only 5 or 6 qso's by the eend of Saturday...but on Sunday K1XM
spotted us on 10m and made the comment "weak and lonely" within 30 seconds,
GB2CP called in and was in the log for the only EU!!! We tried unsuccessfully
to move numerous other big signal EU stations from 15m with no success...

We had to shut down for a little more than an hour Sunday evening for
thunderstorms...so we missed our goal of 4000 qso's...We had only one equipment
failure of a Henry 4K Ultra amp on 40m at midnight on Saturday, and I wheeled
the Henry 3K from the 10m mult station where it had been sitting with no job to
perform and it took up the slack just fine the rest of the weekend...Mexican
food was enjoyed after the contest...nothing better than chips, salsa,
guacamole and margaritas after a long contest weekend! Our next outing will be
CQ WPX SSB at the end of March...ARRL SSB, the station will be in-active...it
was really fun to watch the leader-board scores...the first night K1XM,
K1TTT,W2FU and our selves as we each see-sawed up and down...K1XM with their
superior low band antennas(at W1KM) took the lead at the end of the first 12
hours and managed to hold on to it till the end...there was still lots of
jockeying around for the next 3 positions...I think that K1XM finally "got some
respect" this weekend!!! Great job guys! And I want to compliment our other
competition K1TTT and W2FU...That's what I call a great contest!! Great job!!!
GL to all and thanks so much for all the qso's ... See everyone in WPX SSB...de
Rick NQ4I