[3830] ARRLDX CW K5GO M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5go@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5GO M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:12:58 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K0OU, K5GO, K5KA, K5LG, K9BGL, KM5G, N5DX, N5RR, N5XR, W5KI
Station: K5GO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ARKANSAS
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   97    54
   80:  488    89
   40: 1259   114
   20: 1260   118
   15:  156    61
   10:   22     6
-------------------
Total: 3282   442  Total Score = 4,351,932

Club:

Comments:

This was a good contest for us despite the poor propagation and thunderstorms
all weekend.  Everyone did their absolute best and for the most part the
station worked without any problems.  We were glad to have W5KI who lives about
40 miles away for the weekend and he did an excellent job of staying with it on
160M through the extremely high noise due to the storms.  N5RR, K5GO, and N5XR
worked 80M and we had one of our best efforts on that band.  N5DX, KM5G and
K5GO worked 40M, K5KA and K9BGL worked 20M, K0OU and K5LG worked 15M and we all
pitched in on 10M when there was something to work.

Thanks for all the contacts.  We really enjoy it when the last hour is
exciting.  I think we worked at least one if not several new multipliers on
160, 80, 40, 20 and 15 in the last hour.

I appreciate everyone who came from near and far to be here this weekend and to
those who operated or not but helped with projects to get ready.

Congratulations to all of those who enter these contests in the multi-multi
category.  Only someone else who enters this category has a complete
understanding of how much work is involved and how much satisfaction is gained.

Station set up:

160M Icom 765 + AL-1200, 70 foot top loaded shunt fed tower.
80M  Icom 7800, Icom 765 + BTI (3-1000Z), 4 Square
40M  Icom 765 x 2 + AL-1500, 5L 103'boom Yagi @ 135 feet and 3L Quad (NW)
20M  Icom 765 x 2 + AL-1500, 8/8 114' booms @ 146/73 feet (Eu), 6L rotary @
70'
15M  Icom 765 x 2 + AL-1500, 7/7 56' booms @ 90/45 feet, 9L fixed NW
10M  Icom 765 + AL-1200, 6L 38' boom at 80 feet
Beverages for four directions

73...Stan, K5GO