[3830] ARRLDX CW W6YI(K6AM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W6YI(K6AM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:07:53 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: W6YI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:   60    14
   80:  174    49
   40:  518    81
   20:  570    98
   15:   95    42
   10:   13     7
-------------------
Total: 1430   291  Total Score = 1,248,390

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions pretty tough here too.

Never got a run going on 20 on Saturday but finally got a couple hours going on
Sunday.  No EU's heard in the evening at all.

15 was tough as well, but we had a lot of time to spend there so did OK
considering virtually no EU stations were heard.

40 and 80 were better. Propagation was generally good to EU so we worked quite
a few.

Our new 2 element 160 array did well.  No EU heard but plenty of JA's worked
Sunday morning.

Speaking of JA's, it was GREAT to hear so many of you calling in.  Seems like
your numbers are growing.  That really helps make up for the tremendous
advantage the east coast boys have over us in the west.

As always, Thanks to Jim, W6YI for the hospitality and the use of his
superstation.  Look for him as the op in the 160 and ARRL SSB tests in the
coming weeks.

CU all from ZF1A in May.

John, K6AM