[3830] ARRLDX CW K1BX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hamfam6@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1BX SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:32:01 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1BX
Operator(s): K1BX
Station: K1BX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   13    11
   80:  168    60
   40:  509    79
   20: 1126    88
   15:   77    45
   10:    4     2
-------------------
Total: 1897   285  Total Score = 1,621,935

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I knew before the test that if I lost it would be from a lack of a working 160m
antenna. It is not always fun being right. Although, even with 20 more mults I
may not have won after log checking. AND, there may be more scores out there. I
was motivated for this one only because of the competition. I used N1UR's 2007
totals as a goal and I met them, however, he did better!

Friday night I dug out the broken 160m tuning circuit for the shunt fed tower
(3ft of snow) and twisted the wires together. I called many stations but only
worked 1 European. I can hear fine with my beverage... I need to bring back my
Inv L.

Only heard N1UR when we were on 10m working the same guys. I was on 14.041 for
8 straight hours Saturday. I'm amazed how close our totals are. (most of them):

N1UR                 K1BX
160:   42    32        13      11
 80:  177    64       168      60
 40:  409    77       509      79
 20: 1204    87      1126      88
 15:   75    42        77      45
 10:    3     2         4       2
     1910   307      1897     285
     1,741,536       1,621,935

Congrats Ed.

160m Shunt fed 50' tower, 500' beverage NE
 80m Inv Vee @60'
 40m 402CD @50', Inv Vee @ 50'
 20-10m X7 @60', A3 south @ 30'