[3830] RTTY WPX K6GEP SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K6GEP SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:00:38 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:   94  236
   40:   89  258
   20:  121  190
   15:   20   39
   10:    1    3
-----------------
Total:  325  726  Prefixes = 155  Total Score = 112,530

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Band conditions started bad and got worse as the weekend wore on.  I seemed
to run out of stations to work on the bands. No comparison to the spectacular
condix for RTTY Roundup. But, I still made 50 more QSO's than last year. And it
is always good to work some new ones on RTTY:  V31, KG4 and PZ5.  All those were
worked in the first 6 hours. The one that got away: YN2S

Always good to see new callsigns on RTTY, like KV7DX.
Lots of new 2x3's with KF and KG prefixes.  One new one cracked me up.
We were in a hopeless pileup for some DX station, and some 2X3 was sending
phonetics for their call!! Like:  KF4XYZ KILO FOXTROT FOUR XRAY YANKEE ZULU
KF4XYZ

Just when I thought I mastered the N1MM/MMTTY combo, I really fumble fingered
a lot this time.  I apologize to everyone I sent 000 to. Embarrassing.

Amazing how many prefixes there are in Alaska now. I finally worked the plain
vanilla KL7 on Sunday afternoon (KL7RA).  And kudos to all the VE7's!  Great
participation up there!

Lets hope for better condix in September for CQ WW RTTY.

Rig: FT-990 100W

Ants:
     80 meter sloping dipole from 50 feet
     40 meter inverted vee up 50 feet
     20 meter dipole up 20 feet
     15 meter dipole up 25 feet

Software:
     N1MM + MMTTY - All problems were user error