[3830] ARRLDX CW VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:59:15 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6JY

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Alberta
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  933   106
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  933   106  Total Score = 296,694

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to Don for making the station available again. Don is always a great
host.

Conditions were down this year from previous years. The high solar wind really
took its toll up here combined with the low solar flux. Band closed early at
about 0200 on Friday evening and 0100 on Saturday evening. Our midnight over
the pole opening to Europe didn't materialize until about 3 AM or 1000Z on both
nights. The band stayed open until about 1400 and then we just couldn't hear a
European signal until about 1545 each morning. The band closed up about 1800 on
Saturday but we could hear Europeans until at least 2300 on Sunday. Overall
score was down about 30% from the past few years. We will see how things work
out for SSB in a couple of weeks.