[3830] ARRLDX CW LT1F M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu1fam@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW LT1F M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:04:10 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: LT1F
Operator(s): LU1AEE LU1FAM LU1FKR LU1FT LU4DX LU7ACW
Station: LT1F

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Rosario
Operating Time (hrs): 47.4

  160:   10     7
   80:  279    49
   40:  918    57
   20: 1041    59
   15: 1273    58
   10:  169    39
-------------------
Total: 3690   269  Total Score = 2,977,830

Club: LUCG

Comments:

Hey everybody!
We enjoyed another excellent weekend at LT1F!!
Our first surprise was arrived at Rosario's bus station and find Mario LW8DQ
and Horacio LW7DX two ops at LR2F. I was about 6 am in the morning and after a
chat with them we leave to LT1F.
Prior to arrive at LT1F we went to Jose's LU1FJ place to get out backup rig an
IC756, and continue our trip to LT1F. When you are arriving at LT1F you start
remembering wonderful moments with friend with is the most important for us.
After we parked our cars, we checked everything and everything  was ok. After a
while we started connecting the radios and amplifiers. Our main station was an
IC775DSP + L4B and our multiplier station was an IC756 + TL922, with to PCs
connected.
We tested all the antennas except for our 2 El delta loop for 80 and our 160
Slooper. After we connected our 80 antenna we realize that something was wrong.
The 75 ohms feed line wasn't working and after 30 minutes Karl LU1FKR solved our
first issue.
All antennas were working fine, so it was time of computes. Lucas´ notebook
wasn't working properly when we tried to load N1MM but a fast delete of
internet temporary files (1.5gbs) all was setup and working.
We used 2 external USB keyboards, so we ran both station to find any RFI
problems. Finally the station was ready to go.
We ate our first bbq of the weekend, Santi LU1FT joined us and at 2:30 PM, I
went back to take a nap.
When I woke up Fabi LU1AEE and Marco LU7ACW (Fabi´s 14 years old son) were at
the station.
Now going back to the contest Martín started it on 20 which produce 230 Q´s
the 1st hour. After 2 hours we switched to 40 and realize that we had a big
SWR. Very fast Santi and Karl checked the feed line connector, in the meantime,
Martin was on 80 and ran 22 Q´s at 02 UTC which is a big number due to the big
EU qrm. When the 40 antenna (3 el) was working ok produce 140 and 170 hours.
That was our first night.
The morning was slow. At 1PM UTC we started working station on 15. We
continually checked 10 but the band was dead for most part of the contest. We
ran a few stations but we are used to run big number on 10.
During our lunch we received the visit of Juan Pablo LU4DX and Jorge LW4EU,
that included our second bbq of the weekend.
I want to congratulate Marco LU7ACW, who didn't operate but he check band
conditions and put multipliers into band map during the whole contest! He did
an excellent job! Thank you Marco!!
During the first night we didn't notice any difference between our 2 El Delta
Loop and the beverage. Martin and Fabi checked it and fix it, something wasn't
working well. Now we are planning to put another one for the SSB one.
Our 160 slooper played well, but I have to confess that we didn't pay much
attention to 160. I just moved some stations, I want to congratulate K1ZM and
K3LR who were the strongest signals in Top Band!
That was it. Another excellent contest from LT1F. I want to thank Karl LU1FKR
for all his support and all of you who contacted us. Hopefully we will be
during the SSB one M/S as well.

Calls on 6 Bands:
K1XM
K3LR