[3830] NAQP RTTY W6YX M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rebar@hamilton.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W6YX M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:08:12 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N6DE N6CCH ND2T N7MH W6LD W6RQ
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Stanford, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  211    51
   40:  300    52
   20:  342    56
   15:  158    30
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total: 1013   190  Total Score = 192,470

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Word of the day in northern California, RAIN and WIND...this might have
contributed to what seemed like a lower than previous years turn-out of 6th
district stations.  Many folks had secured their systems or had not gotten them
working again from the series of storms in early January, who knows...  Couple
this with the annual Radiofest in Monterey county and one can guess there could
have been more contact opportunities on some of the higher bands.

We had the station setup from activities earlier in the week, most of the
systems had been checked-out during the limited practice sessions on Thursday
and Friday evenings, PST.

We managed to put together a team of six operators, 4 full-time for the
duration of the contest and 2 others to provide fills and support services.

As mother nature would have it, the rain came along as predicted and provided
us with plenty of rain QSB on the beam antennas.  We utilized our beverages to
their fullest extent during these challenging periods of the contest and
managed to maintain transmit and receive with relatively few missed or busted
Q's.

Thanks to Dean, N6DE for his tireless efforts earlier in the week assisting
N6CCH, Rebar with station prep and practice, we squeezed in a few Q's with
VP6DX along the way...Mike, N7MH and Tom, ND2T were with us for the duration
and provided excellent spotting and run radio support.  John, W6LD and Curt,
W6RQ brought in much need fill time and good company as well.

We thank the Stanford Amateur Radio Club for setting aside time for us to
represent W6YX in this event, all the spots and Q's from everyone.

73,
de N6CCH aka Rebar