[3830] CQ160 SSB KY5R Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timky5r@hughes.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KY5R Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:58:30 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 1164  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 26  Total Score = 223,398

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Had a good time with new Xcvr, new bidirectional beverage system and new top
loaded vertical. Still sorting out Xcvr but the rest played as expected. some
QRN at the start but after that pretty normal levels. Had a great start with
500+ Q's in the log in the first 4hrs then I hit the wall and ended with a
little over 700 Q's in the log Sat morning.Never saw the rate come back like
that again. All grunt work after that with only 400 Q's more by Sunday morning.
Sunday afternoon about 50 Q's in 2 1/2 hrs which just wasn't fun. DX was as
expected from this QTH. I had my best effort in three years from here so very
content with station configuration. Glad to see the activity even though it
seemed low at times I think due to the NAQP RTTY thing. TNX all Tim