[3830] NCQP W4UNC(@N1LN) Club LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCQP W4UNC(@N1LN) Club LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:41:20 -0800
                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: W4UNC
Operator(s): AI4GT, W4SAR, N1YXU, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Club LP
QTH: ORA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:   81     71
   40:
   20:   58    234
   15:
   10:
--------------------

Club: Orange County Radio Amateurs

Comments:

Again this year my wife Laurie (N1YXU) and I decided to open up our house to the
members of the OCRA (Orange County Radio Amateurs) club members for the NC QSO
Party.   We wanted to make sure everyone could operate as much as they wanted
so we ran two stations â?? one using our club call ( NC4KW (North Carolina Kilo
Watts) and the other was W4UNC, the club call for OCRA.   We even ran low power.
 TOTALLY LEGAL ! ! !

As the goal was to have fun and make some Q's we weren't trying to optimize
based on band, mults, Qs, etc. but we did quite well anyway.   Station 2
(W4UNC) was mostly 20 mtrs and 75/80 mtrs while Station 1 (NC4KW) was mostly 40
mtrs with only a couple 20 mtr Qs after Station 2 (W4UNC) moved to 75/80.

Thanks to Dave (W4SAR) and Gary (AI4GT) for helping enjoying the afternoon and
evening with us.

We had a great time, just wish more members were able to stop by.   The
UNC/Wake game seemed to get in the way :-))

73,
Laurie - N1YXU / Bruce - N1LN