[3830] ARRLDX SSB K6GEP SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K6GEP SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 23:51:44 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    1     1
   80:   14     9
   40:   28    18
   20:   38    21
   15:   31    17
   10:   21     5
-------------------
Total:  133    71  Total Score = 28,329

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Murphy struck me very early in the form of car troubles on Thursday night,
so I wasn't home on early Friday to switch my feedline from my 160m antenna
to my 40m inverted vee.  So, I couldn't work 40 on Friday night.  I got
on 160 instead, and only worked the XE.

My goal was to make 200 QSO's, and I failed at that.  15m had a mediocre
opening
on Saturday, and 10m was open too.  I did very well on 40 on Saturday night,
but
I struggled on 80, and did very poorly there compared to last year.  I might
have had some bad interaction between my 160m antenna and my 80m dipole.
In reading my last year's report, I saw that we had Santa Ana winds.  Well, it
happened again!!!  Sunday morning the winds kicked up around 30 MPH. Noise
levels on 20 were S7 and S9 on 15!  The winds were whipping about 50 MPH
by contest end.  ARGH!

I didn't work any Europe or Africa.  KH6LC and HC8A got the 5 band sweeps.
Lots of 4 band sweeps.  I didn't work any new countries, and I think I
got about 4 band fillers, like CE on 40.

Thanks to everyone for pulling my weak signal out of the noise.

Software: N3FJP Logger

Rig: FT-990

Ants:
     160 meter inverted vee at 50 feet (reclined and collapsed)
     80 meter sloping dipole at 50 feet
     40 meter inverted vee at 50 feet
     20 meter dipole at 20 feet
     15 meter dipole at 25 feet