[3830] ARRLDX SSB UA9BA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB UA9BA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:44:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: UA9BA
Operator(s): UA9BA
Station: UA9BA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Karataban MO04uq
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  19     12
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  19     12  Total Score = 684

Club:

Comments:

20m.
In a word - UNBELIEVABLE! I had never heard the bands in such poor shape for
such lengthy period. The 19 stns I managed to work oughta be awarded for
best gears and ears! The very special one goes to John VE3EJ as the most
northernly and westernly located station that I worked. John came back to my
500w radio with a 5L @ 30mh on THE FIRST call! For instance I tried dozen of
times to attract attention of N3RS but not one time did they even say "QRZ?".
Also my compliments to K3LR and WE3C 20m ops that recognized (it didn't sound
as if they've really heard it) my call right away. There were too many that i
couldn't get in my log. The loudest (s4 on the meter) was VY2ZM.
40m.
Not one signal herd!
80m.
Spent all Sunday morning between 23z to 02:30z trying to work the only
audible stns W3LPL and K1CX. At one instance K1CX asked if my call was HB9BA,
and it was the closest I could get to making a good QSO. The K1CX op did
asked a timely "QRZ?" few times but no luck. W3LPL op didn't react to my
attempts at all. NOT ONCE!
This was SOME NEW EXPIRIENCE = FUN!
73's & GL, Willy UA9BA