[3830] ARRLDX SSB GM7V(GM3WOJ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zl1ct@gm7v.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB GM7V(GM3WOJ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:30:03 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: GM7V
Operator(s): GM3WOJ
Station: GM3WOJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Invergordon, Scotlan
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:   33    15
   80:   21     8
   40:   15    11
   20:  437    44
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  506    78  Total Score = 118,404

Club: North of Scotland CG

Comments:

Like everyone else, I always start a contest positively, hoping for good
conditions and big pile-ups. Sadly, this feeling only lasted a few minutes in
ARRL SSB. Decided my time would be better spent re-installing some more
antennas in the cold spring sunshine, with just occasional checks on the
bands.

Best ears of the weekend were the W3LPL 40m op. who copied me when the band was
just opening - their signal was only S 0.5 here. I heard one tired U.S. op.
saying he was suffering 'rapid queen roger mary' which pretty well sums things
up! 99% of stations worked were 1500W stns, with few 100W QSOs. Things can only
get better !

Thanks for the QSOs - please QSL GM7V via Linda M0CMK - all GM7V logs are on
LoTW.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ/ZL1CT