[3830] ARRL DX CW (K1ZM) and ARRL DX PHONE (VY2ZM)

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL DX CW (K1ZM) and ARRL DX PHONE (VY2ZM)
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:07:05 EST
ARRL DX CW - made from Cape Cod, MA - K1ZM

3200/376 = 3,609,600 - Single Op All/Band

(Anyone remember the "HEIDI" Game - NY Jets Football Fall  1968?)   I think
Heidi and Murphy and Massachusetts Electric all  had the same mother or are
somehow otherwise related to each  other......

ARRL DX SSB - made from Prince Edward Is.

2933/339 = 2,980,827 - Single Op All Band

(After two Ice Major Storms 6 weeks apart coupled with high winds  (just ask
K6LA & VY2RU!!!) - I was happy to even get on the  air. However, this gives me
an opportunity to rebuild the antennas and  a few changes will be made.)

K6LA and I have A TON of work to do this summer - In 50 years of  contesting
I've never been whipped by an ice storm followed by 70MPH winds (let  alone a
second one 6 weeks later), so this is a first for me - but it taught me  a few
things about antenna design - so I'll re-engineer things and make them  even
stronger the next time.!)

Congrats to my WRTC partner - K1KI on a superb score on CW and  also to K3CR
who really made those WA3FET yagis sing!  Great  efforts from both of these
fine operators!

CU in the next one....

73 JEFF   K1ZM/VY2ZM

_K1ZM@aol.com_ (mailto:K1ZM@aol.com)